Spam Management - Domain
by Inka Luoma — last modified Aug 12, 2015 02:52 PM
Click Webmail Login - Domain on the OlympusNet home page to manage Spam Filtering, block specific spam, or add addresses to the White List.
- Once logged in, click on the Preferences tab at the top of the view.
- Click on Spam Preferences in the margin as shown on the screenshot below.
- The Junk filter status has filtering level preferences. Standard Filtering is recommended because it is Standard is the highest level of filtering.
- Selecting Quarantine Junk is recommended, so legitimate email can be recovered from the Junk folder. (The Junk Folder will appear in your view of email folders beneath the inbox, using Webmail.)
- Legitimate email addresses that have gone to the Junk folder should be entered in the Whitelist, then click Allow. To add an entire domain to your Whitelist, follow the protocol of format in this example: *@example.com to whitelist all email from the example.com domain. Spam that reaches the inbox:
-Check the checkbox beside the spam in the inbox and mark it spam, or
-Add the spam address to the Blacklist, then click Block.
- For filtering options or to create Mail Rules that send emails to specific folders, click on the Preferences Tab, then click on Filtering Preferences from the navigation margin.
- Click New Message Rule above the Preferences column. In the screenshot the arrows have been outlined in red to show adjustable options in forming a rule. The example shows a rule to immediately delete any email that comes from the domain badspammer.com. Many other kinds of Rules are possible.