Email Setup - Mail OS X 10.7 / 10.8
1. Click on the Apple Menu and select System Preferences.
2. Click on Mail, Contacts and Calendars.
3. Select Other from the list of options on the right. A new window pops up, usually with Add a Mail Account already selected.
4. Choose add a mail account and then click create.
5. Enter your name, email address and password, then click Create.
6. After the server verifies the account name and password you may be prompted to click Continue.
7. Select POP from the Account Type drop-down menu.
8. Enter OlympusNet in the Description field.
9. For the Incoming Mail Server:
- For OlympusNet email (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org), enter mail.olympus.net in the Incoming Mail Server field.
- For email in your own domain (for example, email@example.com), enter mail.yourdomain.com in the Incoming Mail Server field. [Note: these instructions are intended only for customers hosting their domain mail with OlympusNet. Otherwise, use the settings provided by your domain mail host.]
10. Enter your email address in the User Name field.
11. Enter your password in the Password field. Click Continue.
12. Mail may try to confirm your credentials. Click Continue even if it fails.
13. For the Outgoing Mail Server.
- Description may be left blank.
- For OlympusNet mail (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org), enter mail.olympus.net in the Outgoing Mail Server field.
- For email in your own domain (for example, email@example.com), enter mail.yourdomain.com in the Outgoing Mail Server field. [Note: instructions intended only for customers hosting their domain mail with OlympusNet. Otherwise, use the settings provided by your domain mail host.]
14. Verify that the checkbox Use only this server is checked.
15. Do not check the checkbox next to Use Authentication.
16. Click Continue. Mail will try to confirm your credentials. Again, click Continue even if it fails.
18. Check the checkbox next to Use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). If you do not see the SSL settings dialog box, continue.
19. Authentication is set to None from the drop-down menu. Click Continue.
20. If you've entered your information correctly, you will be presented with a Summary window. Click Create.
21. You will be presented with a dialog box asking if you want to import mailboxes. Unless you have a specific reason (such as newly upgrading on the same machine), you don't need to do this. Click Done to complete your setup.
To update your email settings in an already-established account, for example, to retype the email password in the settings after a password change, see Modify Settings - Mail OS X 10.7 / 10.8