DSL Modem ZyXEL PK5000Z - WPA
by tcitg — last modified Jul 27, 2012 02:11 PM
- The ZyXEL modem wireless is on by default. The SSID and Passphrase/Key are on the side or the bottom of the modem. Use the following steps to make your Passphrase/Key easier to remember.
- In your Web browser, enter http://192.168.0.1 in the Address bar and click on the Wireless Setup icon.
- In the navigation bar on the left, click Wireless Security. Note down the SSID: this is the network name you'll join with your wireless devices.
- Set security type to WPA-WPA2-Personal.
- If encryption type options are in the interface, select Both.
- Scroll down to select the radio button Use Custom Security Key/Passphrase. Enter an alpha-numeric passphrase that is at least 8 characters long. The example below shows thequickbrownfox. Click on apply at the bottom to save the settings.