Actiontec M1000 Module - WPA Security
by tcitg — last modified Jul 27, 2012 02:22 PM
If you have installed the wireless add-on module the wireless is on by default, however, the security defaults to WEP which is less secure than WPA.
- Connect your computer using an ethernet cable to your Actiontec M1000 modem and enter http://192.168.0.1 in your browser, e.g., Internet Explorer or Firefox etc.
- Select Wireless Setup:
- Verify that Wireless is toggled to On.
- Make a note of the ESSID, or customize it if you wish (you must click the apply button on the bottom if you change any settings on this page.)
- Select the WPA entry from the navigation bar on the left.
- Under Home Network Options in the Pre-Shared Key (PSK) for Home Network field, enter a password that is at least 8 characters long and click the Apply button.
- After the screen refreshes click on the Status tab, then select Wireless status from the navigation menu on the left.
- Verify that the Security Code WPA is present.
- WPA security has been enabled. Consult your computer documentation for information on how to join a wireless network with your computer.