ZyXEL PK5001Z - WPA Security
by tciil — last modified Jul 31, 2012 03:39 PM
Use the following information to set up WPA wireless security on the ZyXEL PK5001Z.
- After the computer is connected to the modem, open a Web browser (e.g., Internet Explorer, Firefox) and enter http://192.168.0.1 in the Address field. Press Enter/Return on the keyboard.
- Administrator username/password for the modem is required on the PK5001Z. Find the Administrator Username and Password on the sticker on the underside of the modem and copy them for your records. You will need this data any time changes are made in the modem.
Click the Apply button to log in.
- Click the Wireless Setup icon.
- Click on Wireless Security in the navigation panel on the left.
- Copy for your records the SSID shown in step 1. This is the name of the wireless network you will join with wireless devices.
- For Security Type select WPA - WPA2-Personal.
- For Security Type select Both.
- Toggle on Use Custom Security Key/Passphrase. Create a password composed of capital and/or lowercase letters and/or numbers.
- Click Apply, and wait until the page refreshes for settings to be saved.