by tcitg — last modified Jul 27, 2012 02:01 PM
The Actiontec PK5000 wireless is enabled by default. The SSID and Wireless Key/Psssphrase are listed on the modem. Use the following information to customize the SSID and Key/Passphrase.
- In your Web browser, enter http://192.168.0.1 in the Address bar and click on the Wireless Setup icon.
- Use the following steps to customize your SSID and/or your Key/Passphrase:
- Under step 1 verify that the radio button On is selected.
- Under step 2, enter a new name for your SSID if you wish, or note down the one entered. It is the name for the wireless network you will join with wireless devices.
- Under step 3, select Use Custom Security/KeyPassphrase and enter at least 8 characters composed of a combination of small and/or capital letters and numbers. Note it down exactly, as you'll need to enter the password to join your wireless network. Click the Apply button at the bottom of the page to save your changes.