by tciil — last modified Mar 13, 2013 02:41 PM
- After the computer is connected to the ZyXEL PK5001Z DSL modem, open a Web browser (e.g., Internet Explorer, Firefox) and enter http://192.168.0.1 in the Address field. Press Enter/Return on the keyboard.
- Administrator username/password for the modem is required on the ZyXEL PK5001Z. Find the Administrator Username and Password on the sticker on the underside of the modem and copy them into your records. You will need this data any time changes are made in the modem.
- Enter the Administrator Username and Password and click Apply to log in.
- Click the Advanced Setup icon.
- From the navigation bar on the left, click the WAN Settings link.
- For ISP Protocol, select PPPoE in the drop-down menu options.
- In step 2 enter the PPP Username and PPP password supplied to you by OlympusNet. They are not the same as your email username/password. Call OlympusNet support if you do not have them. Confirm the password by retyping it. PPP Auto Connect should be toggled to Enable; PPP Credentials Not Required should be toggled to Disable, as shown in the screenshot below.
- For IP Addressing Type select Dynamic IP.
- For DNS Type select Dynamic DNS.
- Click Apply to save the changes.
- After the settings have been applied and the page reappears, at the bottom of the left-hand navigation panel under Security click on UPnP. Click to disable UPnP for security and then click Apply and wait for the settings to take effect.
Disabling UPnP in DSL Modems
Setup Custom WPA Wireless Security