by tciil — last modified Aug 23, 2016 01:20 PM
- After the computer is connected to the ZyXEL PK5001Z DSL modem, open a Web browser (e.g., Internet Explorer, Firefox) and enter http://192.168.0.1 in the Address field. Press Enter/Return on the keyboard.
- Administrator username/password for the modem is required on the ZyXEL PK5001Z. Find the Administrator Username and Password on the sticker on the underside of the modem and copy them into your records. You will need this data any time changes are made in the modem.
- Enter the Administrator Username and Password and click Apply to log in.
- Click the green Quick Setup icon.
- Scroll down to the PPP Username, and PPP Password. Set it to Custom Realm beside the the PPP Username.
- Enter the PPP Username and PPP password supplied to you by OlympusNet. They are not the same as your email username/password. Call OlympusNet support if you do not have them. Confirm the password by retyping it. Click Apply.
Disabling UPnP in DSL Modems
Setup Custom WPA Wireless Security