by tcitg — last modified Sep 05, 2014 05:17 PM
- After the computer is connected to the Actiontec GT701 DSL modem, open a Web browser (e.g., Internet Explorer, Firefox) and enter http://192.168.0.1 in the Address field. Press Enter/Return on the keyboard.
- Click the Advanced Setup tab, then select WAN IP Address from the navigation menu on the left. Click Yes to proceed.
- Configure the following:
- Under #1 select PPPoE and check the box PPP Auto Connnect.
- Under #2 enter your username and password.
- Under #3 verify that Dynamic IP-DHCP(Default) is selected
- Under #4 verify that Dynamic DNS Addresses(Default) is selected.
- Under #5 Select ATM Encapsulation type is selected.
- Under #6 click the Apply button.
- Your DSL is ready to use when the Internet LED turns green.