Domain Website SCP/SSH Setup
by Ned Schumann — last modified Mar 19, 2015 09:31 AM
Website SCP and restricted SSH access is managed by the SSH Manager tool in the Advanced Tools area of the Domain Admin Control Panel.
- To setup SCP, restricted SSH must first be enabled.
- In the SSH Manager, select Enable Service.
- Note the contents of the Secure Shell Connection Information box on the right:
- Host Name: shell1c11.megawebservers.com
- Enter your password and select Apply.
- You may now SCP to your website using WinSCP.
- The user is example.com; the host is shell1c11.megawebservers.com
- Alternately, you could use SCP at the command line.
- For example, if example.com wished to copy its access_log file to a desktop, the following command line instruction would work:
- You could also access your website with a restricted SSH shell.
scp email@example.com:/logs/access_log .
In the above command, '.' represents the directory in which the command was run.